Monday, July 30, 2007

Re-Entry

“How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward.”
--Spanish proverb

I stumbled across the above proverb early this morning (as I am still running on Atlantic UTC-4 time versus PST or simply put--a 4-hour time difference.) The proverb seems highly appropriate today as I am trying to decide how I shall “re-enter” my “normal” life after two weeks away. My mind is full of memories, thoughts and ponderings as well as “lists” of things that probably need my attention. So, I am not really sure where to start.

To name the time away as doing “nothing” would be a gross injustice for it was full of life, adventure and miracles. I think I might state the proverb more truthfully for myself as “how beautiful it is to do nothing except that which our heart calls us to do, and then rest afterward.” Some might call this interpretation slothful or unproductive, however, I believe that when we are truly attuned to God, our hearts engage in a life full of meaning and productivity. (We just may need to shift how we define words like meaningful and productive ☺).

And so, today I think I shall re-enter blogging with a simple “hello” and “it’s good to be back.” My adventures led me on a wonderful trip to the islands of Bermuda preceded by an amazing workshop at Soltura. The coming days will most likely be sprinkled with more “reflections from Bermuda,” so I hope you will revisit often.

Have a great day!

photo of st. peter's church by lucy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back, and enjoyed your other post today about the Gombey dancers. "Yet still a piece of our heart reaches for the light". I think that would truly be hell, if that piece of our heart stopped reaching.

Kayce aka lucy said...

tess-
a small light can brighten up a huge darkness!! here's to "reaching!"