Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Battle continues...

While my recent posts have focused on the darker aspect (here and here), the reason there is a battle is because of two seemingly opposing sides. There is so much to consider and ponder in this world (an understatement, I know.)

In the midst of considering evil's role, there is still a place of light that shines through. The past two days have been filled with a rhythm of rest and restoration for me. The sun has been shining which always seems to help my clarity of mind...or at least my attitude about things. I have found joy in the simplest of things: cleaning my closet, taking my dog to the vet, restocking some groceries, watching a young squirrel in the fall leaves, seeing the turtles sunning themselves at Greenlake and best of all feeling the sun and wind on my skin while driving about in my little convertible with each of my family one at a time. The world has been bathed in a beautiful fall light, so I was not in the least surprised when I took this little quiz found at Abbey of the Arts and discovered that "I am the Sun."

Momentarily sitting in the Sun is a nice, warm place to be...especially when the rains threaten to return and the battle rages all around. More on that later...


You are The Sun


Happiness, Content, Joy.

The meanings for the Sun are fairly simple and consistent.

Young, healthy, new, fresh. The brain is working, things that were muddled come clear, everything falls into place, and everything seems to go your way.

The Sun is ruled by the Sun, of course. This is the light that comes after the long dark night, Apollo to the Moon's Diana. A positive card, it promises you your day in the sun. Glory, gain, triumph, pleasure, truth, success. As the moon symbolized inspiration from the unconscious, from dreams, this card symbolizes discoveries made fully consciousness and wide awake. You have an understanding and enjoyment of science and math, beautifully constructed music, carefully reasoned philosophy. It is a card of intellect, clarity of mind, and feelings of youthful energy.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

6 comments:

The Dream said...

How lovely that you drew this card! It sounds RIGHT ON from what I know of you thus far, my friend.

Rest and restoration ... nice. Appreciating the simplest of tasks. Good stuff.

Evil is ever present ... I try to combat it with "conscious contact" with God, by trying to "do the next RIGHT thing", and praying for peace - for my family, my friends, and the world.

Kayce aka lucy said...

dream--thank you so much! i like the "conscious contact with God". i feels so important & essential!

Anonymous said...

Lucy!!! Took the test which revealed The High Priesteess....Science, Wisdom, Knowledge, Education. Opposite of Lucy's sun I get to wear a moon crown! I love that the moon can also mean change....transformation! I also like the image of the moon.....light....present in the dark. And tonight it is a full moon!! Enjoy your evening. Love, Pamela

Kayce aka lucy said...

pamela, way cool...how will you be able to choose between the high priestess and the tin man?!?!?! pretty powerful, transformative stuff. if the cloud cover clears enough tonight, i will think of you as i look at the full moon.

Wren said...

Enjoyed your tarot test. I was the Hierophant, Heavenly Master, which sounds like a character from Winnie the Pooh, and isn't very attractive, but does seem to fit. Here's the description:

Divine Wisdom. Manifestation. Explanation. Teaching.

All things relating to education, patience, help from superiors.The Hierophant is often considered to be a Guardian Angel.

The Hierophant's purpose is to bring the spiritual down to Earth. Where the High Priestess between her two pillars deals with realms beyond this Earth, the Hierophant (or High Priest) deals with worldly problems. He is well suited to do this because he strives to create harmony and peace in the midst of a crisis. The Hierophant's only problem is that he can be stubborn and hidebound. At his best, he is wise and soothing, at his worst, he is an unbending traditionalist.

I suppose it's better to have a Hierophant that fits than a beautiful Sun or Moon that's three sizes too small. :>)

Kayce aka lucy said...

wren--some times the most beautiful things do not conform to the "world's" standards.