Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Renewed Awareness

"Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words
That you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions"
Natasha Bedingfield

In just the last couple of years I have become more conscious of the seasons of the earth and life along with listening to my own rhythm as well as that of the world. This fall season has brought renewed awareness of my feminine self. (On the surface it feels "new", however, my soul tells me it is more of an awakening thus the need to use the word "renewed.)

I have also spoken of my connection with the sun as well as dream work and collage. For a few weeks now I have been thinking of a poem I wrote last fall during my first experience of working with collage. Today I revisited that poem and noticed that the "season" was nearly an identical time frame to this year's "work."

Coincidence? Synchronicity? The rhythms of life? Who can say, all I know is that something powerful is at work!

Here is my poem from last fall:

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Feminine World

I am the pain of the world, covered with blue scarves & white.
I am the beauty of the world, bare-shouldered with upswept hair.
I am the fire of the world, burning with desire and hope.
I am the joy of the world, reaching toward the heavens.

I am the beauty of the world, bare-shouldered with upswept hair.
I am the luscious berry, bursting with flavor.
I am the joy of the world, reaching toward the heavens.
I am the soul of the world, centered through pain, beauty, touch and taste.

I am the luscious berry.
I am the fire of the world.
I am the soul of the world.
I am the pain of the world, covered with blue scarves & white.


photo by maryjane hughlett

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are indeed a luscious berry - this is a wonderful, moving poem. Thank you for sharing it with us.

The Dream said...

wonderful poem, lucy.
sue monk kidd - right on.
as my daughter and i often proclaim and wholeheartedly believe:
"it's good to be a girl."
my thought to share: i wanted you to know how grateful i am to have met you through blogging. you have such a grcace-filled beauty in how you view the world and how you write about it.
peace.

Anonymous said...

lucy, I remember so well when you wrote this at our first Awakening session in response to your mandala and the words stayed with me, especially "I am the luscious berry" -- I just love that image and that you claim that for yourself.

Sue said...

Awesome :)

This resonates with me because I have just started using cream with homeopathic progesterone in it (have pre-menopausal levels) and gee, I'm feeling more girly and feminine as well.

Must go buy a new dress this summer ...

Kayce aka lucy said...

tess, dream, abbey, sue--your wonderful comments nearly leave me speechless..nearly :-)

i am struck that two of you zeroed in on "the luscious berry"...i wonder what that's about?

and E thank you for your lovely words. "grace-filled beauty"...wow, those are a very special and needed gift to me today.

thank you friends for being here!

Country Parson said...

Dear Lucy,
I tried to send this in response to one of your earlier posts, but it didnt' go through, so here goes again. I commend to you a brief essay by David Steinmetz in the October 30 issue of Chritian Century. In view of where you are on your spiritual journey it's time for you to read it.
CP

storyteller said...

Poignant poetry ... thanks for sharing. As for coincidence, someone once said it's just God's way of remaining anonymous.

Like you, I've learned that similar "stuph" comes up in my life regularly. When I revisit journal entries on any given date going back at intervals of 1, 5, 10 years (or even longer) ... I'm fascinated to discover myself working through the same issues ... though fortunately, the specifics do shift and growth is evident.