Friday, January 04, 2008

Hope

2008 is off to a fabulous start! I have enjoyed reading other people's musings on beginning a new year and have appreciated the well-received reception of lucy creates!!!! (If you haven't visited yet, please pop on over soon.) Much of my time recently has been spent creating the new site and pondering what this year may hold.

Barefoot Toward the Light had a very evocative post today on Hope which seems like an apt topic for this season. She ended with the question: "Now, in what or where lies your hope?" Here is what came to mind for me.

my hope lies in remembering how and where God has met me in the past...turning impossible situations into amazing outcomes far beyond anything i could possibly imagine. my hope lies in the present moment for it is all i have. my hope lies in the future for i know there is more to come. paradoxical? maybe. complete? you bet! my hope lies in the past, the present and the future.

How about you? In what or where lies your hope?

3 comments:

The Dream said...

I could not have put into words where hope lies, any better, than what you have come up with here, Lucy. Well done, my friend.

Kayce aka lucy said...

thanks, dream. i know your story resonates with much redemption coming out of "impossible" situations...it's not such a bad place to be, is it?

reminds me of "today is a gift. that's why it's called the present."

Anonymous said...

Lucy, your new site looks just wonderful, and inspiring too. Can't wait to have a bit more time to catch up with all you've posted there (and here) just since the beginning of the New Year!