Tuesday, February 26, 2008

what goes with me...

The excitement is building as the hours fly swiftly by. I still need to get some Euros, fine tune my packing, go to work for a few hours and BREATHE! While looking for a quote to kick off my Paris trip, I found this lovely gem by Picasso.

“Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that will never be again. And what do we teach our children? We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France. When will we also teach them what they are? We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move. You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel. And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is, like you, a marvel? You must work, we must all work, to make the world worthy of its children."

I realize the quote has very little to do with Paris specifically, but it has everything to do with the world as a whole. (And even though Paris calls my name today, I know it is in the world that I choose to live.)

Yesterday, a new reader (well actually a reader who self-admittedly had been "lurking" around my site for a while) offered me this wonderful aspirational quote:

"Everyone I meet is in love with me. I just don't expect them to realize it yet."

Both quotes ring loud and clear to me today as I embark on this journey that fills me with excitement and a healthy dose of fear. I feel I am stepping into the great unknown and yet I know that I am ready to do this. I will take BOTH of these affirmations with me as I leave Seattle early tomorrow morning and fly east toward Paris. I will take them with me today as I enter into the world around me.

How about you? Do you realize what a marvel you are? Can you believe that everyone is in love with you?...they are just waiting to discover it. Au revoir!

painting by Pablo Picasso

9 comments:

Ted Marshall said...

Hi my marvellous friend. Marvellous quotes. See you marvellously soon.

Kayce aka lucy said...

t--are we giddy or are we giddy?

Kate I said...

Oh, these are just marvelous quotes...I will write them down in my journal and savour them both. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Dianna Woolley said...

Tess and Lucy - USE your heads!!!......well, maybe not too much:)

xoxoxox

elaine said...

I do hope you are sleeping now or very soon on this night before your flight...but I doubt it.

So I will wish you a marvelous time in Paris.

Karen said...

What absolutely FABULOUS quotes! You can apply them on so many different levels--a fantastic way to look at the world!

Sue said...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

Happy Travels, Lucy!

What an exciting adventure and opportunity to share your spiritus mundi in the City of Lights. Loved the Pablo Quote. Genius is so...genius.

Bright Blessings,

Brett

The Dream said...

WooHoo - a fond farewell, my friend! I hope your trip is full of amazing moments! I love the Picasso quote - BIG TIME!!!