Tuesday, July 01, 2008

day break

day spread out before me like the fresh sand upon the beach
no footprints yet to mark this day
night time clearly gone

the golden orb fully taking her place in the sky
spreading outward
at the center almost too brilliant to observe
then…broadening, widening, turning softer
layers of color…ringing, moving, spreading

watching me
capturing me
being me
who am I to be?
who will I be in this day?


am I the one who plays in the surf and dives from the cliffs
laughing and roaring with the thrill of the risk,
the freedom,
the joy?


or will I be the one who silently,
thoughtfully ponders the art

through the halls of life’s museum?


I want it all!!!

photos by lucy 6.27.08

6 comments:

Dianna Woolley said...

Terrific photos. They have the feel of "fresh air:)

xoxox

Anonymous said...

gorgeous images, the top and bottom one are my favorites! xoxoxo C

Kayce aka lucy said...

thank you, SS & C. it's almost unfair to take any credit for the photos since all you really have to do is show up and nature does the rest :-)

i guess i will take a little credit, however, since i did haul myself out of bed and onto my scooter at 6:00 a.m. to catch these shots.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the first photo. Something in me resonates with the sun, water, sand, and rocks all in the same photo. Thanks!
Cheryl

Kayce aka lucy said...

cheryl--so nice to see you here! thx for showing up :-) xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Lucy, Just checking in from Texoma for the 4th! Lovely post. Love the pictures! Look forward to seeing you at the end of the month! Love, Pamela