Tuesday, September 23, 2008

wishing wishing...

...wishing i had more time to write. more time to reply to wonderful comments. more space to read all of the wonderful posts i know are out there. alas, i cannot manufacture more time or space before i depart shortly for another magical week at soltura.

wishing you your own glorious, magical week! i leave you with this thought:

Each of us literally chooses,
by his way of attending to things,
what sort of universe
he shall appear to himself to inhabit.

--William James

What sort of universe do you wish to inhabit?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish to inhabit the sort of universe in which there were enough hours in the day to do it all.... If you ever get a great insight on that subject, please send it my way?

:)

A from Minnesota

Barbara said...

A small, cozy, intimate and warm one.

Karen said...

One of peace, calm and gentle joy...except for the days of boisterous hilarity...

Treehugger said...

One where kindness is something that the inhabitants breathe in - and out.

(Your question reminded me of a quote I saw, just yesterday...I will have to go in search of it, and if I find it again, I will post it a little later.)

Treehugger said...

Here it is:
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are.
I don't believe in circumstances.

The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look
for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them,
make them. "

-- George Bernard Shaw

Les (Endlessly Restless) said...

I like this one just fine ;-)

Kayce aka lucy said...

A--ah yes, i struggle with those wishes myself...right now, the words "letting go" keep flowing through my mind :-) glad to see you!

barbara--kind of sounds like this space for me and the wonderful readers who bring warmth to my day! thank you.

karen--you're playing my song!!! nice to have you back.

kristin--you have offered us a beautiful image and a wonderful quote. thank you!!

ER--right on!!!