Tuesday, June 08, 2010

the first day of NOW

Oh, I just love serendipity and synchronicity. They seem to be my constant companions! Yesterday while sending off a note to a friend, I penned words of congratulations on her "first day of NOW." Isn't that a wonderful little phrase? Perhaps I should copyright it quickly!! Anyway... this morning's words from Richard Rohr offered:

"How is salvation giving me life now? Salvation is only secondarily assuring you of an eternal life; it is first of all offering you that life now, and saying, “If now, then also later!” That becomes your deep abiding trust and joy."

So... Here's to the first day of NOW with lots of serendipity along the way!!!

6 comments:

Maureen said...

Wonderful quote.

Susan Carpenter Sims said...

Yes!!!

kigen said...

To your serendipity...
AKA serene dipping in tea !!

Kayce aka lucy said...

jennifer, maureen, polli, kigen - thought you ladies might like this. thanks for commenting!!

Karen said...

YES--LOVE IT!!

claire bangasser said...

Neat!

Salvation has never been a motivation for me :-)